Being based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN is only subject to BVI laws. All of your data transferred through ExpressVPN is encrypted by using a 256-bit encryption, so your ISP has no knowledge of what is in your data.
Looking for ways to safeguard your privacy on the Internet and protect your information? ExpressVPN offers more than security and privacy. With their blazing fast connection speeds, you can unblock censored websites and safely download content with peace of mind that no one is snooping on your activities.
About Express VPN
ExpressVPN is a fast and reliable VPN service based in the British Virgin Islands, so it doesn’t fall under US data retention laws. It has been in the industry since 2009 and today is one of the world’s most popular VPN providers. They currently have servers in 78 countries and they’re adding new servers every month.
The ExpressVPN service stands out for its quality by offering high-speed connections, continuous customer support, easy to use quality software and a high level of privacy. The goal of ExpressVPN is to help users unblock sites in Australia like Netflix, Hulu and BBC, so you can watch, stream and view all of your favourite content online. Moreover, ExpressVPN is also a torrent-friendly provider that keep no activity logs, they allow users to be completely anonymous while downloading torrents with ExpressVPN.
As one of the top VPN providers on the market, ExpressVPN guarantees top security and performance. You can use this VPN service for a variety of beneficial uses depending on your needs.
Additionally, ExpressVPN utilizes shared IPs and maintains absolutely no usage logs, thus making it impossible to identify a single user who may be accused of a DMCA abuse. But if you’re paranoid about security, you can also use BitCoin as an alternative mode of payment.
ExpressVPN has stealth capability which is designed to hide the fact that a VPN is being used, this makes the service very difficult to block by ISP. Moreover, the DNS leak protection feature ensures all DNS requests are routed through the VPN even when a connection has unexpectedly dropped, no data is likely to be accidentally divulged. Once you are connected to ExpressVPN, your location and identity are totally anonymous.
Speed wasn’t a problem during our testing, and you’ll be pleased to hear that there is no limit on bandwidth usage. Additionally P2P and torrenting are allowed on this service.
The only downside to ExpressVPN is the price which is $8.32/month, but we think the money is well worth it. With their 30-day money back guarantee, you have loads of time to try it out and decide if it’s right for you.
ExpressVPN Pros and Cons
- Impressive speeds
- Stealth capability
- DNS leak protection
- No usage logs
- Allows torrents and P2P
- Servers in 78 countries
- Supports VPN Routers
- 30-day money back guarantee
- A bit expensive (but worth it)
ExpressVPN VPN Plans
- $12.95 / Months
- $59.95 / 6 Months
- $99.95 / 12 Months
ExpressVPN Subscription Plans
ExpressVPN’s current subscription rates start from$12.95 per month for the one-month plan while the six months package costs $9.99 per month. The yearly package offers a big discount of only $8.32 per month. Compared to its closest rivals, ExpressVPN is clearly more expensive. However, given their top-notch performance, their offering is value for money and well worth the extra dollars.
The biggest downside with their packages is that there is no free trial, so the best you can get to try out the service is the $12.95 one month subscription.
The company provides several apps via which you connect to the VPN service. ExpressVPN has gone to lengths to ensure that all devices that can use a VPN are supported and can access their service. All the major desktop and mobile platforms are supported through specially built custom apps. There is no extra charge for the appropriate app.
ExpressVPN Brief Features
- Data Transfer: Unlimited
- VPN Servers: N/A
- Located Countries: San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Jose, Amsterdam, London, Switzerland, France, Netherlands, US, Hong Kong
- IP Address: N/A
- Supported Protocols: OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad
ExpressVPN Detailed Features
- A matchless contribution of ExpressVPN server offers to relish access to unrestricted VPN along with supported protocols of L2TP/IPSec and PPTP to promote superior standard internet privacy. It is convenient to share this set up on Android devices, iPod, iPad, iPhone, Mac, Windows and Linux because of its compatibility with roundabout every browser.
- ExpressVPN offers numerous locations as Amsterdam, San Jose, Washington DC, Los Angeles, London, Seattle and San Francisco. This dynamic server lets you transfer heavy files on high speed as it retains optimized capacity with the affiliation of torrent/P2P. If clients belong to Asia, they should give preference to Los Angeles server location because it suits their regional requirements but if they belong to the Middle East, Amsterdam server location may favour their interests.
- Exposure of multiple technologies is accessible in form of ExpressVPN that secures your internet-based privacy employing OpenVPN. PPTP broadens the compatible spectrum of other sophisticated devices same that of Android, Mac and PC for the sake of confidentiality. Before connecting with this server, you may observe download speed of supplier’s internet that meets 39.17-Mbps download while 3.16-Mbps upstream. If you need a cheaper price, you can use an Express coupon code to get it done.
- Speed test for L2TP/IPSec differs from that of OpenVPN but customers’ reliance on privacy meets its final climax and they feel relaxed with encrypted traffic. Browsers like Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox retain the capacity to install this server without consuming too much time. Discounted offers to invite you to make use of this server for $12.95/month with currency return guarantee.
- Solid reliability and performance of ExpressVPN increase its reputation all over the world and people have been relying upon its well-configured features. They enjoy their privacy experience with unlimited bandwidth and quality performance of VPN server. Generous involvement of this server improves your access to blocked or in other words banned sites like Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia and Youtube.
- ExpressVPN server protects the privacy of a global community from invasion or interruption of hackers and content-spying agencies. Even your personal ISP retains no command to detect your encrypted data. Its quick setup takes a few minutes to provide 100% privacy security. Users have to face no bandwidth restrictions and they can peep through banned websites enjoy liberty of their confidential net surfing.
ExpressVPN has an increasingly growing server pool that makes up its global network. Currently, the company’s servers are located in 40 countries with new additions to come in the near future. Continents served include Europe, Asia, North America, and Oceania. The company claims that users in Asia will have better performance when they connect to servers located in California.
Independent speed tests show that users can achieve up to 70% of the available connection speeds and this is quite impressive.
ExpressVPN Privacy and Security
ExpressVPN uses 256-bit high-grade encryption to secure your data and comes with OpenVPN as the standard protocol. However, you can also use other protocols (such as PPTP, L2TP, IPsec and SSTP) depending on your needs. PPTP offers basic online security(128-bit encryption) with fast speeds. While OpenVPN features the highest encryption(256-bit encryption) and is most stable/reliable even on non-reliable networks with high latency. OpenVPN seems to be the best option if security is a priority over speed. When you connect to ExpressVPN, all of your Internet traffic is encrypted and your IP address is replaced with an anonymous IP address, not even your ISP will know what you’re doing online.
ExpressVPN uses shared IPs in order to further anonymize users, as dedicated IPs can be used to link 1-to-1 back to individual users. Furthermore, they keep no logs of users’ activity, and they never share user data. So if online privacy and security is your prime concern, ExpressVPN is still a great choice.
To hide your online identity, ExpressVPN allows you to switch IP addresses each time you make a new connection. In addition, all your web traffic will be routed through a highly secure encrypted tunnel courtesy of a wide range of protocols including SSTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP. The fact that the company offers 256-bit encryption as standard shows that they are really serious about security.
The only downside is that they don’t have a dedicated IP option and you might get issues trying to connect to your PayPal. They also don’t allow peer-to-peer file sharing on torrent networks.
The company’s logging policy states that they operate a strict no-log policy to ensure maximum privacy for their users. Since no major complaints have been reported by users regarding breach of privacy, we can take them for their word for now
ExpressVPN Speed Test
In order to test the speed of ExpressVPN, we conducted certain speed tests. ExpressVPN performed pretty well in our speed test, it has average to above-average speeds when compared to other VPN providers on the market. That makes it ideal for streaming and fast downloads, though you may need to select a server close to your location for maximum streaming quality.
We used 100 Mbps connection to test ExpressVPN’s internet speed and we checked before and after the software was connected. US servers are our max speed, Canada is 80% of our speed. Although speed will always vary by location, most of the time we get around 70% – 95% of our speed.
The P2P server test was a bit slower, but they consistently give us the fastest torrent speeds. Torrent speed varied between 5000 to 7000 kb/s. ExpressVPN continues to be the back up for torrenting and primary streaming.
ExpressVPN Customer Support
The company’s website is easy to browse as it is uncluttered and straightforward. They have an impressive visual server guide that helps you select the most ideal server based on your current location.
Also, there is information on account setup and how to troubleshoot common issues regarding using their service.
They also have a ticketed support system as well as a separate email support system and they promise to reply to user queries within 24 hours.
They also offer a phone number you can call for support and this is a breath of fresh air considering that most providers don’t offer phone support.
ExpressVPN Customer Reviews
Customers who have been looking for web-based privacy, ExpressVPN server offer the best solution with its encrypted tunnelling. It does not matter you use internet service for personal or professional purposes; this key server may assist you in both the extremities. It takes care of your privacy and freedom while you absorb into internet surfing. If your company, ISP or geographical authorities put a ban on Netflix, Pandora, Hulu, Facebook, Skype, and BBC, it is not an issue in existence of ExpressVPN server.
Seamless installation of this server remains working while a user is travelling from one region to another or he makes use of Wi-Fi to encrypt his confidential data along with private traffic. Personal privacy of user entertains him with more anonymity due to straightforward applications of ExpressVPN. You can configure this setup on many computers as per to your requirements and if you do not have skills in this particular field, you can easily follow instructions.
Great assistance of ExpressVPN server has won the trust of thousands of people and they like to improve their privacy standards with the optimized network. It offers 99.9% uptime and it easily manages to work with every sort of ISP.
ExpressVPN Review Summary
ExpressVPN is one of the most recognisable VPN providers around, with many rating this service in their top three. Like all decent providers, ExpressVPN let you enjoy unlimited bandwidth with your subscription, which means your privacy can be safeguarded no matter where you might be. The same applies if you want to connect on your iOS or Android device – all of which can be connected either manually or through the smart ExpressVPN mobile applications. This is a solid, tried and tested VPN to which we give a full thumbs up. One more point, the wide range of VPN servers to select from, means you can maintain optimal speeds if you’re travelling abroad
What we liked about ExpressVPN:
- Impressive speeds
- 256-bit encryption
- No traffic logs
- Torrenting allowed
- Servers in 78+ countries
- Stealth servers and SHH tunnelling
- Port forwarding
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Accept BitCoin
- Dedicated apps for all devices
What we didn’t like about ExpressVPN:
- A bit pricy (but worth it)
- No Kill Switch
- Simultaneous connections limited to 2
|Protocols||TCP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, PPTP, OpenVPN|
|Servers||UK, USA, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Panama, Argentina, Romania, Ukraine, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Luxembourg, Belgium, Brazil, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, India, Russia, Egypt, Turkey|
|Device Connections||1 per account|
|Torrent Policy||Not allowed|
|Tech Support||Live chat and email|
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple iOS, Android|
|Desktop software||Available for Windows and Mac|
|Mobile applications||Available for Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad)|
|Refund Policy||30-day guarantee|